Again, here's the ugly board that was there before. The paint on the wall was flat, one of my biggest pet peeves.
I was rather proud that I managed to tape off the ceiling, corner, and baseboard in a fairly straight manner.
I then realized that I did not have:
- a small paintbrush to use for the corners and edges and
- a stir stick for the paint
Did it get the job done?
|"Quill," used in our master bedroom as well|
|Thanks to my sis-in-law for her donation of an old sheet that we use as a drop cloth.|
After I finished, I still had the "itch" so I had to get outside and trim the stupidbig bush in our front yard that's growing insanely fast. Since we had a full day of rain, it was easy to pull up some of the runners it had sent out. The soil there was very loose, made up of a lot of composted leaves and mulch.
I just hacked and hacked with the new clippers that my parents gave J for his birthday last week. It was pretty therapeutic. Too bad my old painting injury was acting up and I had to quit.... ;)
I managed a respectable two wheelbarrow loads of trimmings. Which represents about 1/8th of the work needed to get that bush looking decent.
Then as I dumped the second load in the brush pile out back, I disturbed a doe as she was out for her supper.
I wanted to attempt a small boxed garden next year for some fresh veggies, but I have a feeling she and her buddies might eat it all...