June 28, 2012

Healthy lunch? What healthy lunch??

So I decided to be good and order a meal with fewer carbs today. A vendor is coming in for a short training and is buying us lunch.

I ordered a burger that comes with fries.

Trying to get a jump on the carb thing, I go online to the restaurant's menu and nutrition information to look up the amount of carbs in that meal.

75.

Not a typo.SEVENTY-FIVE.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

After my initial panic, I reason, "The burger can't have that many carbs...it's all from the bun and the fries."

So now I'm planning to eat only TWO fries and half the bun. The fries will be cold by the time they get here and I don't like them that much anyways.

How in the world do I count for that when I was only given the total amount??

I'm guessing the bun is between 40 and 50 grams of carbs alone. . . but then the burger is some serious protein. . . .

Time to SWAG.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it nice and no robots allowed!