June 22, 2012

Keeping Calm

I have this poster on my wall at work. I got it right after we moved in to our new office in August 2010.




You've probably seen them around. Like, everywhere. They were hard to find when I first wanted one...of course (I'm hipster that way. Just kidding. Not really. But yeah, kinda.). But now you can even make your own online.

So when I read this blog post today from Rachel, I could immediately relate, diabetes-wise.

I can also relate in other areas of life. There is a reason I have this poster on my wall in my office. Sometimes work is just crazy and I forget that I can only do so much with what I'm given. I have to remind myself to do things to the best of my ability and let the chips fall where they may. Usually they "fall" in an acceptable, if not excellent way. Sometimes not. But that's life, and you gotta keep going. I have great bosses. They know I am still learning. They know that things change, the tools we're given change, and they work with us and help us learn the new changes so we can better manage our time.

That's what's been going on the past couple weeks. Sales meeting earlier this month, training last Thursday, more (different) training this past Monday and Tuesday, other people's training Wednesday and Thursday (that I didn't need to attend, but still affected me because I had to run around like a crazy person cleaning up Dunkin' Donuts' crumbs and spilled coffee from breakfast and getting the breakroom ready for the lunch delivery...then cleaning up after that and getting the extra food put away so that the pest control guy could come in and spray his magic bug-eradicating formula....because, seriously, what MALE in our office would have done that??) and now, hopefully, today will be calmer.

Only a week and a half until me and some gals take a road trip to PA. I'm excited to see my fam there, not so excited that one of my good friends who lives in that area won't be around, and excited to hit up the downtown area and find some cool stuff.

Also exciting is that the hubby has off on the 4th of July. For like, the first time ever that I can remember.

Randomly having a day off together in the middle of the week? Yes please.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention! I'm glad that you can relate and that you have the reminder to stay calm.

    I hope you have a wonderful, stress-free road trip and 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it nice and no robots allowed!