May 8, 2012

Diabetes Blog Week

Well, kids, looks like I'm going to be taking part in this next week. Perfect timing for a newbie blogger such as myself.



In other news, I attended OmniPod training in Atlanta yesterday. My CDE was really nice and very knowledgeable. I've been using a borrowed OmniPod system for just over two weeks and have found it really easy to learn. If you can handle technology like smart phones and do more on your computer than just play games online, you can work this thing easy. I got my basel insulin rates tweaked, but of course we can always tweak them more if I determine these aren't working as well as I want them to (which, not sure yet, but I don't think they are).

I had to show my CDE that I knew how to put on a new pod while I was there at the training, so last night after I got home, I sucked the insulin out of the pod I took off. Accidentally spilled some on the coffee table and got it on my hands. Sophie tried to lick it off me, but I didn't let her. Extra insulin is probably bad for cats in some way, right? I've heard of some cats having diabetes, so I'm assuming more insulin in a non-diabetic cat would be bad. Also she doesn't have the best, most healthy taste in noms, pun intended. There was an incident with Jeremy's bengay covered shoulder once...

This past Saturday was our 6-month anniversary. Marriage is fun! Not always a walk in the park, but we knew that going into this. We've had great examples in our parents' marriages. We didn't do anything to celebrate, unless we should count eating Ikea cinnamon rolls together. Which should count, I think. That reminds me--only 6 more months until we can bust out that amazing wedding cake from the freezer downstairs! Have I mentioned that it's glittery? Because that's AWESOME!


Photos courtesy of my awesome cousin, Michelle whose photography absolutely blows me away.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, so happy you are doing Diabetes Blog Week!!! Happy Six Month anniversary - I agree, cinnamon rolls totally count as a celebration. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks for the sweet shout out! :) I'm looking forward to reading more of your musings! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it nice and no robots allowed!