May 4, 2012

Back Again

Here I am again. 

I've updated this blog title to reflect my life as it is today. I'm no longer looking for a job, so I felt the old style blog was outdated. Today I've been at my job for 2 years and while it definitely has its ups and downs, it's no longer the main focus of my life. 

The hubs and I have been married for 6 months (already??) tomorrow. We've been paying a mortgage on a house we love and wouldn't trade for anything for 9 months. We have a completely adorable, back-talking, sometimes-monsterous furbaby. And sometime in December it seems we're going to be an aunt and uncle! 

Things are going well. So, because I need a challenge, let's try and get myself healthy! 

Diabetes is an ever-changing beast, there's no two-ways about it. I can't promise I'll post every A1c result or every doctor's appointment. Sometimes I just might not want to share. Aaaand sometimes I may want to share too much or vent. Who knows? 

The current quantitative (you like that schmancy word?) goal for this blog is a once a week post. Beyond that, I want to share my story and hopefully be an encouragement to others out there with diabetes or their families. 

I've recently discovered the DOC - Diabetes Online Community - through several blogs and a website called TuDiabetes. Maybe soon I can link up with some of those guys and gals and I can help spread their stories and encouragement as well (read: after I learn how all this web stuff works). It's been a huge help to me in the past couple of months to read their struggles and realize that I'm not in this alone, that diabetes IS like this for everyone, and sometimes I might even have it easy compared to some. I don't ever want to appear to be putting someone down or building myself up as better than others - the best phrase I have heard online in the past few months is YOUR DIABETES MAY VARY! We're all in this together. 

That being said, "Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi! You're my only hope!" (Did I mention I may throw random movie quotes in here? Sorry to start with a Star Wars one. I promise it's not my favorite movie.) Seriously though, I'll try my best not to rip anything off from anyone out there on the webs, but if you see something or if I'm doing something wrong, call me out on it and I'll gladly fix it.

Bear with me while I make changes, learn about this whole html deal, and find the format and style that I like best. I do get bored easily, so even if I like something, it may change before too long. 

Enjoy your Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it nice and no robots allowed!